Start the Journey to a New You with USANA® 5-Day RESET™
Change isn’t easy. But don’t stress! Sometimes a small success is all it takes to jumpstart a big transformation. That’s the idea behind the USANA® 5-Day RESET™ kit. In only five days, you’ll be on your way to a healthier you.*
By eating balanced, low-glycemic foods, you can overcome your cravings and begin losing weight** without feeling hungry. RESET will help you get in the habit of eating healthier, exercising, and making smarter lifestyle choices.*
The 5-Day RESET kit comes in two varieties, so you can choose the Nutrimeal with the protein source that’s right for you. One contains a mixture of the French Vanilla (soy protein) and Dutch Chocolate (soy and whey protein). Or you can choose a non-soy, plant-based option that contains only packets of the mildly flavored Nutrimeal Free.
Each kit comes with the following:
- 15 Nutrimeal™ single-serve packets—USANA Nutrimeal is formulated with a healthy ratio of complete proteins, beneficial fats, fiber, and low-glycemic carbohydrates to help you maintain your energy levels. Go to the Nutrimeal product page for more information.
- 5 USANA® Probiotic stick packs—USANA Probiotic blends two of the most documented strains of good bacteria that help bring balance to your belly and support your gut microbiome.* Go to the Probiotic product page for more information.
- 10 (5 AM & 5 PM) HealthPak™ packets—USANA HealthPak helps you get the optimal amounts of important micronutrients.* It includes
USANA® CellSentials™ (Vita Antioxidant, Core Minerals); USANA® MagneCal D™; and the CellSentials Booster, which is made exclusively with USANA InCelligence Technology®. Go to the HealthPak product page for more information.
- Program guide and tracking card
The 5-Day RESET is a calorie-conscious program based on eating balanced, low-glycemic meals and whole-food snacks.
- Women should strive to consume approximately 1,200 calories per day
- Men should strive to consume approximately 1,500 calories per day
You may eat more snacks than are listed here. And you can mix fruit, vegetables, or unsweetened milk (dairy or plant-based) in your Nutrimeal shakes for a little variety. Just make sure to keep your calories near the recommended amount, or you may not experience the results you want. Also try to limit your fruit to three servings a day. Fruit juice is discouraged.
Sleeping for 7-9 hours is also recommended. This will help keep you from looking for more snacks to help bump up your energy if you’re sleep deprived. And if you are sleep deprived, you can consume black coffee or tea while on the 5-Day RESET.
Your snacking options are endless. But the goal is to eat whole foods. And you’ll feel fuller, longer if you aim to mix a little protein and fat with your carbohydrates.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sprinkled with salt and pepper to taste, along with a sliced medium bell pepper or 1 ½ cup of sugar snap peas
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt with ½ apple or ½ banana (optional: add a dash of cinnamon for an extra kick of flavor)
- 20 whole, raw almonds with ½ cup of mixed berries or 1 cup snap peas
- 2 cups raw veggies (broccoli, celery, cauliflower, cucumbers, snap peas, mushrooms, etc.) with 5 Tbsp. hummus of choice
- 3–4 cups mixed green salad (lettuce, kale, spinach, cucumbers, bell peppers, etc.) with ½ cup cooked legumes (chickpeas, kidney beans, lentils, etc.) and 75–100 calories of salad dressing OR replace legumes with boiled egg and 2 oz. lean meat of choice
- 1 small baked sweet potato, 1 cup cooked broccoli with 3 Tbsp. parmesan cheese or 1 Tbsp. butter or plant-sterol butter substitute
- 1 medium fruit (orange, apple, or pear) with 1 oz. cheese of choice
- 2, 1-oz. deli slices of natural, low-preservative turkey, each rolled with 1-oz. slice of cheese
- 3 oz. water-packed tuna or salmon mixed with 1 Tbsp. light mayonnaise or plant-based mayo substitute on 1 crispbread cracker
- ½ cup ripe avocado chopped with 8 grape tomatoes (add green onion and a squeeze of fresh lime juice for flavor)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa with 2 slices of avocado
- 1 cup fruit with ½ cup of cottage cheese
- ½ cup unsweetened natural applesauce with ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 2 celery sticks with 1 Tbsp. nut butter and 1 Tbsp. raisins
- 2 medium carrots with ¼ cup guacamole
- ½ cup roasted chickpeas with 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/3 cup roasted soy nuts or chickpeas
- 3 cups kale or arugula with ½ Tbsp. olive oil and pepper
- 20 pistachios with 1 oz. cheese of your choice
- 3 cups plain popped popcorn
- 1 cup broccoli with 1 tsp. dressing
- Unlimited raw celery, cucumber, lettuce or other leafy greens
Frequently Asked Questions About 5-Day RESET
How often can I repeat the RESET program?
The 5-Day RESET is designed to help individuals modify unhealthy lifestyle habits. It will not instantly reverse the effects of long-term unhealthy dietary choices and inactivity. However, if followed correctly, the RESET program can help you take control over your lifestyle. It helps you change poor dietary habits, reduce carbohydrate cravings, improve exercise habits, and gain motivation from some initial weight loss.
There are no rules about how often you can RESET. Do it as often as once a month, if it feels right to you and you don’t notice any negative impacts on your energy levels. You may also choose to RESET after vacations, holidays, or any time your eating has gone off track.
How much fiber is in the 5-Day RESET?
The USANA products included in the RESET program provide approximately 24 grams of dietary fiber per day. (This does not include potential fiber intake from additional fruits and vegetables.) If this number seems high, remember that fiber is a crucial part of a healthy diet, and a high intake of dietary fiber has many health-related benefits (including a decreased risk of certain diseases). In addition, dietary fiber promotes satiety, which is especially important while dieting.
The current recommendation for fiber intake ranges from 21-38 grams of dietary fiber per day for adults, depending on age and gender.
Are there any known side-effects from following the 5-Day RESET?
While restricting your meals for five days may be challenging, most people are able to complete the RESET program without physical difficulties. However, for some this program will represent a significant lifestyle change that may result in some minor side-effects, including headaches, fatigue, lightheadedness, and/or gastrointestinal (GI) discomfort. It is highly recommended that you consult your physician before beginning RESET if you have specific medical conditions, or if you are taking medications or have special dietary needs or issues.
Headaches and fatigue are common in many weight loss and exercise programs during the first two or three days. This is typically due to adjustments in calories, carbohydrates, blood glucose levels, caffeine intake, or simply the nature of making sudden drastic lifestyle changes. If you experience headaches, fatigue, light-headedness, or extreme hunger, please eat an additional serving of fruit or vegetables.
GI distress may be related to an increased intake of fiber and/or soy, or due to a drastic change in dietary patterns.
The 5-Day RESET provides a good amount of dietary fiber every day. For some, this may represent a drastic increase in their overall dietary fiber intake. Since fiber requires an adequate intake of water and other fluids to efficiently move through the gastrointestinal system, it will be helpful to increase fluids while on the 5-Day RESET. Also, any undesired effects of soy may be resolved by using an over-the-counter product (such as Beano) that is designed to help with the digestion of beans and legumes.
If any side-effects do not disappear within 24 hours, the program should be discontinued and a physician or health-care specialist should be consulted before continuing the program.
How much weight can I expect to lose while on the 5-Day RESET?
Actual weight loss during the 5-day RESET program will vary by individual. Many factors affect weight loss, including initial weight, body type, activity level, water retention, lean muscle mass, and level of adherence to the program. In addition, medical conditions, medications, and hormonal cycles can also impact the total amount of weight lost.**
The RESET program is designed to help individuals focus on changing unhealthy eating habits and improving overall lifestyle. These long-term changes are the best way to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.**
Is the caloric level of the 5-Day RESET appropriate for everyone, regardless of weight or activity level?
The caloric level of the 5-Day RESET may not be sufficient for those who are very active or those who exercise rigorously. Adding fruit or milk to the shakes will safely increase the caloric level.
An additional snack or small meal may also be used, if necessary, to maintain normal energy levels.
RESET is not appropriate for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Why do you recommend drinking 8-10 glasses of water each day while following the 5-Day RESET?
The 5-day RESET provides approximately 24 grams of dietary fiber each day. Fiber requires an adequate intake of water and other fluids to move the fiber through the gastrointestinal system efficiently. Failure to drink enough water may lead to gastrointestinal discomfort.
You May Also Enjoy
**Individual results may vary. The 5-Day RESET program lowers your daily caloric intake and recommends moderate exercise for best results.
It is suggested that you take these products to your health care professional and secure their advice if you intend to change your diet, begin an exercise program, are pregnant or lactating, have allergies, are taking medications, or are under the care of a health care professional.
Children under the age of 18 should not participate in the 5-Day RESET program, except on the advice of their health care professional and/or dietician.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.