Healthy, well-nourished cells help you live your best life. Vita-Antioxidant™— part of the USANA® CellSentials™ cellular nutrition system—supports the health and normal longevity of your cells. It supplies carefully balanced levels of high-quality vitamins that provide an essential foundation of optimal nourishment and powerful antioxidant protection.*
Vita-Antioxidant goes deeper with the patent-pending USANA InCelligence Technology®. The proprietary cell-signaling technology in the USANA InCelligence Complex uses key nutrients that speak your cell’s language to help activate protective and renewal process in your body. These processes act like strength training for your cells and help your body meet your unique health needs.*
Because vitamins and other micronutrients require mineral cofactors to function properly, Vita-Antioxidant should be taken with Core Minerals™ for best results.*
- Vita-Antioxidant is part of the USANA CellSentials cellular nutrition system with patent-pending USANA InCelligence Technology.*
- Supplies carefully balanced levels of high-quality vitamins and antioxidants, plus the propriety InCelligence Complex with cell-signaling technology. Should be taken with Core Minerals for best results.*
- Nutrients in the InCelligence Complex proactively stimulate your cell’s production of powerful antioxidants. These nutrients also provide their own antioxidant activity.*
- The InCelligence Complex helps activate mitophagy—a natural cellular clean-up process—to renew healthy cellular function.*
- The InCelligence Complex contains quercetin, hesperidin, rutin, Meriva® †Bioavailable Curcumin, alpha lipoic acid, resveratrol, EGCG from green tea, and USANA’s patented Olivol® olive fruit extract.
- Vita-Antioxidant also contains coenzyme Q10, beta carotene, and vitamins C, D, and E to provide significantly higher levels of antioxidant protection.*
The Benefits of Vita-Antioxidant
Vita-Antioxidant helps fill nutritional gaps to provide whole-body nutritional support by combining optimal amounts of dozens of vitamins, phytonutrients, and enzyme cofactors into one product. The formula contains micronutrients that support multiple metabolic functions throughout the body.* Some scientific evidence suggests that consumption of antioxidant vitamins may reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer. However, the FDA has determined that this evidence is limited and not conclusive.
With the addition of the InCelligence Complex, Vita-Antioxidant goes beyond delivering optimal nourishment. It initiates your cells’ natural protective and renewal processes. This enhances the formula’s effectiveness for supporting vibrant health.*
The Science of Vita-Antioxidant
Nourishment for Whole-Body Support
Vita-Antioxidant™ is a comprehensive blend with broad-spectrum support that more closely reflects the vitamins people should get from a healthy diet. A full spectrum of nourishing micronutrients also provides a foundation for the InCelligence Complex.
These foundational vitamins—A, B, C, D, and E—are also essential to whole-body well-being. Benefits include: maintaining healthy blood flow, keeping arteries and blood vessels healthy, and supporting immune and cellular function.*
High-potency vitamin A comes from a blend of retinyl acetate (for those who don’t convert beta-carotene to vitamin A efficiently), mixed carotenoids, and beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A in the body only as needed. Beta-carotene supports cellular integrity, a strong heart, healthy immune function, and lung health. Beta-carotene, mixed carotenoids, lutein, and zeaxanthin also help preserve skin and eye health by providing oxidative defense against damaging UV rays.*
Vita-Antioxidant is an excellent source of vitamins B6 and B12, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, biotin, pantothenic acid, and folate. The B vitamins, which also include inositol, are essential to many aspects of our health, including:
- Metabolizing fats, proteins, and carbohydrates, which plays a role in maintaining energy levels.*
- Supporting normal formation of red blood cells, tissue, and DNA.*
- Supporting healthy immune cell production.*
- Healthy brain and nerve function; folate is especially important for women of child bearing age to help support healthy fetal neurocognitive development.*
- Normal growth of healthy skin, hair, and nails.*
- As part of a well-balanced diet that is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, folic acid, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12 may reduce the risk of vascular disease. The FDA evaluated the above claim and found that while it is known that diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol reduce the risk of heart disease and other vascular diseases, the evidence in support of the above claim is inconclusive.
- Maintaining healthy homocysteine levels, provided they are healthy to begin with, which is associated with heart health.*
Choline is usually grouped with the B vitamins even though it is not technically a vitamin. Regardless of classification, this essential nutrient supports cell structure and the transmission of nerve impulses from the brain throughout the central nervous system. It also supports liver function and helps maintain healthy homocysteine levels.*
Vita-Antioxidant™ is rich in vitamin C. USANA uses a unique Poly C® vitamin C blend, which provides higher levels of vitamin C in plasma than ascorbic acid alone.
Vitamin C is essential for synthesizing collagen—proteins that provide elasticity to our connective tissues. That why vitamin C is helpful in maintaining healthy veins and arteries, muscles, cartilage, tendons, bones, teeth, and skin. It also supports the metabolizing of fats and proteins, and the healthy production of immune cells.*
The high-potency vitamin D in Vita Antioxidant supports the whole body. Vitamin D supports calcium absorption, helping to support healthy bone density. It also supports healthy cell growth as well as muscle, cardiovascular, and immune function.*
Vita-Antioxidant is a good source of vitamin E, and also contains 20 mg of mixed tocopherols in each tablet. The mixed tocopherols, though not technically vitamin E, offer similar functions. Antioxidants, like vitamin E, help defend your cells against the oxidative stress caused by sunlight, pollution, and stress, which can all prematurely age the skin.*
Lycopene, lutein, and beta carotene play a role in supporting the skin.* Inositol, biotin, and pantothenic acid are fundamental to the growth of healthy skin, hair, and nails.*
The InCelligence Complex is a unique blend of ingredients that support optimal cellular resilience and health during the normal lifespan of the cell. These nutrients can help activate a network of cell-signaling pathways to support your body’s ability to meet your individual health needs.*
The messages transmitted by nutrients in the InCelligence Complex act like strength training for your cells. The proactive activation of these networks helps build cellular resilience. This makes cells more able to adapt to whatever life throws at them.*
The InCelligence Complex supports a broad range of pathways and processes for whole-body health. But many of these processes focus on protection and renewal. Two of the most important are the production of endogenous antioxidants—those created in cells—and the activation of a cellular renewal process called mitophagy.*
Endogenous Antioxidant Protection
Our bodies have a naturally powerful defense system against damaging oxidative stress: antioxidants produced in our cells, such as glutathione and superoxide dismutase (SOD).
The InCelligence Complex contains nutrients that stimulate the production of endogenous antioxidants. The antioxidants created inside cells are hundreds of times more powerful than dietary antioxidants—those produced outside the body.*
Dietary antioxidant molecules neutralize free radicals in a one-to-one or one-to-two ratio—one dietary antioxidant eliminates one or two free-radical molecule(s). Endogenous antioxidants are typically enzymes able to neutralize 100 or more free-radical molecules during their lifespans.
Mitochondrial Renewal Through Mitophagy
Cellular energy production (ATP) may also generate free radicals. Natural antioxidants in the cell will neutralize many of the free radicals, but some mitochondria will still be damaged over time. Damaged mitochondria can work inefficiently, producing less ATP and more damaging free radicals.
The cell maintains efficiency through a natural response called mitophagy. Initiating this process degrades, removes, or recycles damaged mitochondria. However, age or other lifestyle factors may slow this process. The InCelligence Complex helps activate mitophagy to maintain healthy cellular renewal.
The USANA Difference
Vita-Antioxidant™ was formulated by USANA’s team of nutritional-science experts. They used readily bioavailable forms of each nutrient so you get a product with excellent completeness, potency, quality, and safety. This unique formulation provides high quality vitamins and antioxidants to nourish your cells. But it doesn’t stop there.
The InCelligence Complex also helps to activate the natural intelligence of your cells. Vita-Antioxidant uses this intelligence to proactively promote cellular longevity and resilience so your body is better able to meet your health needs.*
Together as the USANA® CellSentials™—you can trust that Vita-Antioxidant and Core Minerals™ are the comprehensive supplement to nourish, protect, and renew your cells so you can live your best life.*
- *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
• Age-Related Eye Disease Study Research Group. A randomized, placebo controlled, clinical trial of high-dose supplementation with vitamins C and E, beta carotene, and zinc for age-related macular degeneration and vision loss: AREDS report no. 8. 2001. Arch Ophthalmol 119(10): 1417-36.
• Barringer TA, Kirk JK, Santaniello AC, Foley KL, Michielutte R. Effect of a multivitamin and mineral supplement on infection and quality of life. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. 2003. Ann Intern Med 138(5):365-71.
• Cosgrove MC, Franco OH, Granger SP, Murray PG, Mayes AE. Dietary nutrient intakes and skin-aging appearance among middle-aged American women. 2007. AJCN 86(4):1224-31.
• Girodon F, Galan P, Monget AL, Boutron-Ruault MC, Brunet-Lecomte P, Preziosi P, Arnaud J, Manuguerra JC, Herchberg S. Impact of trace elements and vitamin supplementation on immunity and infections in institutionalized elderly patients: a randomized controlled trial. 1999. Arch Intern Med 159(7):748-54.
• Heinrich U, Gartner C, Wiebusch M, Eichler O, Sies H, Tronnier H, Stahl W. Supplementation with beta-carotene or a similar amount of mixed carotenoids protects humans from UV-induced erythema. 2003. J Nutr 133(1):98-101.
• Holick MF. Vitamin D: importance in the prevention of cancers, type 1 diabetes, heart disease, and osteoporosis. 2004. Am J Clin Nutr 79(3):362-371.
• Kaikkonen J, Tuomainen TP, Nyyssonen K, Salonen JT. Coenzyme Q10: absorption, antioxidative properties, determinants, and plasma levels. 2002. Free Radic Res 36(4):389-97.
• Lutsenko EA, Carcamo JM, Golde DW. Vitamin C Prevents DNA Mutation Induced by Oxidative Stress. 2002. J Biol Chem 277(19):16895-9.
• Merchant AT, Hu FB, Spiegelman D, Willett WC, Rimm EB, Ascherio A. The use of B vitamin supplements and peripheral arterial disease risk in men are inversely related. 2003. J Nutr 133(9):2863-7.
• Meydani SN, Meydani M, Blumberg JB, Leka LS, Siber G, Loszewski R, Thompson C, Pedrosa MC, Diamond RD, Stollar BD. Vitamin E supplementation and in vivo immune response in healthy elderly subjects: a randomized controlled trial. 1997. JAMA 277(17):1380-6.
• Placzek M, Gaube S, Kerkmann U, Gilbertz KP, Herzinger T, Haen E, Przybilla B. Ultraviolet B-induced DNA damage in human epidermis is modi ed by the antioxidants ascorbic acid and D-alpha-tocopherol. 2005. J Invest Dermatol 124(2):304-7.
• AR, Shenvi SV, Widlansky M, Suh JH, Hagen TM. Lipoic acid as a potential therapy for chronic diseases associated with oxidative stress. 2004. Curr Med Chem 11(9):1135-46.
•Sreejayan, Rao MN. Curcuminoids as potent inhibitors of lipid peroxidation. 1994. J Pharm Pharmacol. 46(12):1013-6.