CellSentials™ Core Minerals™
Your body needs minerals to run properly. Core Minerals™ supplies a balanced range of highly absorbable essential minerals and trace minerals. It provides a nutritional foundation for optimal health.*
For best results, take Core Minerals with Vita-Antioxidant™. Its minerals complement the vitamins and support the cell-signaling activity in the USANA InCelligence Complex.*
Core Minerals and Vita-Antioxidant make up the USANA® CellSentials™ cellular nutrition system with patent-pending USANA InCelligence Technology®. The CellSentials provide support for the health and longevity of your cells. You get an essential foundation of optimal nourishment, powerful antioxidant protection, and mitochondrial renewal.*
- Core Minerals™ is part of the USANA CellSentials cellular nutrition system with patent-pending USANA InCelligence Technology.*
- Core Minerals supplies a balanced range of highly absorbable essential and trace minerals.
- Readily bioavailable forms of each nutrient give Core Minerals excellent completeness, potency, quality, and safety.
- Core Minerals is a premium blend of minerals designed to optimally nourish your cells and support the activity of the InCelligence Complex in Vita-Antioxidant.*
The Benefits of Core Minerals™
Minerals are essential elements for optimal health and well-being. Our bodies couldn’t function without them. They play a role in all physiological processes and help balance and regulate our body chemistry.
Core Minerals delivers a dozen minerals plus ultra-trace minerals to help fill gaps in the diet and provide whole-body nutritional support. It also supports the protection and renewal benefits activated by the cell-signaling InCelligence Complex in Vita-Antioxidant. USANA’s cell-signaling technology promotes cellular resilience and health during the normal lifespan of the cell to help you meet your unique health needs.*
The Science of Core Minerals
Core Minerals™ is an excellent source of magnesium. This essential mineral is a cofactor in more than 300 enzyme systems. They control various natural reactions in the body, including:
- Metabolizing glucose and macronutrients*
- Supporting the production of cellular energy*
- Producing protein, DNA, RNA, and glutathione*
- Maintaining healthy nerve, muscle, and cardiovascular function*
Magnesium is also important for using the calcium found in Core Minerals and the diet. Calcium is the most common mineral in the body, and is essential for healthy bones, teeth, muscle, and nerve function. Having enough calcium isn’t the problem for most people. It’s properly using what you have. So magnesium’s interactions with calcium are important to the structural development of bones. *
The magnesium-and-calcium blends in Core Minerals are composed partly from the ascorbate forms of the nutrients. Ascorbate is a source of another essential micronutrient: vitamin C.
Core Minerals contains high-potency iodine. The mineral is a crucial component in the body’s normal production of thyroid hormones. These hormones help regulate metabolism, growth, reproduction, and the synthesis of protein. Supplemental iodine is especially important for those on a vegetarian diet, avoiding seafood, or restricting their iodized-salt intake.*
Core Minerals is high in zinc, a component of hundreds of enzymes and a mineral that acts as an antioxidant.* Zinc is involved in many processes throughout the body:
- Supporting normal carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism.*
- Promoting healthy immune function and healthy vision.*
- Supporting healthy DNA and RNA replication.*
- Important for supporting our body’s natural healing process for minor cuts.*
- Aiding healthy bone structure development.*
- Supporting connective tissue formation and helps to maintain healthy skin.*
The formula’s high-potency selenium aids the body’s natural ability to regenerate glutathione, an endogenous antioxidant—one made inside the body. Selenium is important in thyroid hormone metabolism, and studies have shown selenium’s importance for maintaining prostate health.
Core Minerals™ is rich in copper, which is a critical component of the enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD)— an endogenous antioxidant. Copper also helps form hemoglobin and is also essential for collagen synthesis. So it also plays a role in connective tissue formation.*
Manganese (not to be confused with magnesium) is important for protein and glucose metabolism, and supports normal brain function. It helps maintain healthy connective tissues, bones, arteries, and other organs. Manganese also activates numerous enzymes and supports endogenous antioxidant activity.* Core Minerals is a good source of manganese.
The high-potency chromium in the formula is an important component of the glucose tolerance factor (GTF). This helps maintain healthy glucose metabolism already in the normal range.*
Core Minerals is an excellent-source of molybdenum. This trace mineral is an important co-factor for a number of enzymes and is necessary for the metabolism of sulfur-containing amino acids. It also helps the body metabolize proteins and helps maintain strong teeth.*
Core Minerals also contains boron, vanadium, and silicon. Boron supports the body’s ability to use calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. It also plays a role in healthy brain function. Vanadium helps support healthy serum glucose levels, provided they are already healthy. And, maintaining a good balance of silicon in the body is important for maintaining strong bones and connective tissues.*
N-acetyl l-cysteine helps support the production of endogenous antioxidants and detoxification compounds like glutathione, which are additionally activated by the Incelligence Complex in Vita-Antioxidant.
For easy swallowing, Core Minerals has a soy-free, sunflower-based coating.
The USANA Difference
Core Minerals was formulated by USANA’s team of nutritional-science experts. They used readily bioavailable forms of each nutrient so you get a product with excellent completeness, potency, quality, and safety. Core Minerals is a premium blend of minerals designed to optimally nourish your cells and support the activity of the InCelligence Complex in Vita-Antioxidant.*
Together as the patent-pending USANA®CellSentials™——you can trust Core Minerals™ and Vita-Antioxidant™ to nourish, protect, and renew your cells so you can live your best life.*
- *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
•Age-Related Eye Disease Study Research Group. A randomized, placebo controlled, clinical trial of high-dose supplementation with vitamins C and E, beta carotene, and zinc for age-related macular degeneration and vision loss: AREDS report no. 8. 2001. Arch Ophthalmol 119(10):1417-36.
• Barringer TA, Kirk JK, Santaniello AC, Foley KL, Michielutte R. Effect of a multivitamin and mineral supplement on infection and quality of life. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. 2003. Ann Intern Med 138(5):365-71.
• Cosgrove MC, Franco OH, Granger SP, Murray PG, Mayes AE. Dietary nutrient intakes and skin-aging appearance among middle-aged American women. 2007. AJCN 86(4):1224-31.
• Girodon F, Galan P, Monget AL, Boutron-Ruault MC, Brunet-Lecomte P, Preziosi P, Arnaud J, Manuguerra JC, Herchberg S. Impact of trace elements and vitamin supplementation on immunity and infections in institutionalized elderly patients: a randomized controlled trial. 1999. Arch Intern Med 159(7):748-54.
• Heinrich U, Gartner C, Wiebusch M, Eichler O, Sies H, Tronnier H, Stahl W. Supplementation with beta-carotene or a similar amount of mixed carotenoids protects humans from UV-induced erythema. 2003. J Nutr 133(1):98-101.
• Holick MF. Vitamin D: importance in the prevention of cancers, type 1 diabetes, heart disease, and osteoporosis. 2004. Am J Clin Nutr 79(3):362-371.
• Kaikkonen J, Tuomainen TP, Nyyssonen K, Salonen JT. Coenzyme Q10: absorption, antioxidative properties, determinants, and plasma levels. 2002. Free Radic Res 36(4):389-97.
• Lutsenko EA, Carcamo JM, Golde DW. Vitamin C Prevents DNA Mutation Induced by Oxidative Stress. 2002. J Biol Chem 277(19):16895-9.
• Merchant AT, Hu FB, Spiegelman D, Willett WC, Rimm EB, Ascherio A. The use of B vitamin supplements and peripheral arterial disease risk in men are inversely related. 2003. J Nutr 133(9):2863-7.
• Meydani SN, Meydani M, Blumberg JB, Leka LS, Siber G, Loszewski R, Thompson C, Pedrosa MC, Diamond RD, Stollar BD. Vitamin E supplementation and in vivo immune response in healthy elderly subjects: a randomized controlled trial. 1997. JAMA 277(17):1380-6. • Placzek M, Gaube S, Kerkmann U, Gilbertz KP, Herzinger T, Haen E, Przybilla B. Ultraviolet B-induced DNA damage in human epidermis is modi ed by the antioxidants ascorbic acid and D-alpha-tocopherol. 2005. J Invest Dermatol 124(2):304-7.
• AR, Shenvi SV, Widlansky M, Suh JH, Hagen TM. Lipoic acid as a potential therapy for chronic diseases associated with oxidative stress. 2004. Curr Med Chem 11(9):1135-46.
•Sreejayan, Rao MN. Curcuminoids as potent inhibitors of lipid peroxidation. 1994. J Pharm Pharmacol. 46(12):1013-6.